Monday, December 13, 2010

Final Surface Project


So this is the last Surface project. After changing my original idea, I had to work quickly and when I wasn't quite sure what to really do. So I looked at my favorite artist Sheppard Fairey, but I realized that I didn't event really have the time to do some that complicated so I thought about how I could simplify that idea.
I went through some of my old sketches from high and found one of my random doodles from class and thought that it would be perfect to put t on a canvas.

The main concept behind the painting is a graphic portrait. I hid different qualities of my life within the whole design, including writing, running, piano, and art.  I am pleased with the  way it turned out. This was my first time working with this size but it was a really good experience because now I know what works and what doesn't. I will definitely go back and make this painting and make it even stronger.  I plan on continuing painting in this style and experimenting some more. Who knows maybe one day in a few years I'll have an exhibit somewhere...



No comments:

Post a Comment