Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Photo Alteration/Collage


This project didn't take as long as I thought it would. I was actually really into it. 
I like the  graphic look that the painting took on that wasn't my original intention but as I progressed through I went with it.On the trip to the VMFA I was reminded of my painting when I saw Paul Caulfield's Paradise Bar which is part of the reason picked that piece to be put in the blog. The main concept behind painting the laptop is my interest in computers and other related things.  
 I have always loved technology and I enjoy being able to incorporate technological ideas related to it with my art.



One thing that turned out really well about the piece is the color coordination. I know it doesnt look exactly like it but its pretty close. keep in my i was working with slightly dim  incandescent lighting. 

I just wish that I would have been able to work on this in the studio at Bowe St parking deck instead of in my tiny room at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment